Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Post-trip rant

When did my parents become so old-fashion? I used to think of them as free-spirited souls and anti-conformists. However as time goes by they regress in their beliefs and ideas. Every time I go visit them I get so mentally exhausted. They need to make sure to remind me of any mistakes I have made in my life... although I consider them experiences instead. It's a constant past digging of events, it's negative, and time-consuming. Additionally they now love mentioning religion!! They were never religious! What happened??? Is it because they are getting older? That is terrifying! I just got back and truly feel sick! I have made myself sick by absorbing their annoying complaints. I feel like no matter what I do they will never be proud of me, they will never be grateful of my efforts to help them. Having these feelings in the end it makes me also feel guilty... which it doesn't help.
I'm too annoyed to even write about it. I just need to go on. I just need to go back to my solo-brainstorming for a multi-million dollar idea, that would allow me to book post-parental holidays in very fancy spa/retreat locations around the world.