Sunday, February 22, 2009

Why can't I watch The Colbert Report?


Great I have a brand new subject to rant about. I was under the impression that the beauty of the World Wide Web was to be able to share, view, search information whether it’s an article, a video, a document, whatever it is, World Wide!!! I just tried to view The Colbert Report on the Comedy Central site, as you know you can view the full episodes there. This is what I got: WE'RE SORRY, CURRENTLY OUR VIDEO LIBRARY CAN ONLY BE STREAMED WITHIN THE UNITED STATES. Then a friend of mine suggested I would view the episodes of such scandalous show (I guess!) on Hulu because that is a US site that has the episodes embedded. Ok, guess what I got? WE'RE SORRY, CURRENTLY OUR VIDEO LIBRARY CAN ONLY BE STREAMED WITHIN THE UNITED STATES. Are we serious? What is the problem? Is this just in certain countries? Like the UK? I must investigate and see if this happens in Italy too on my next trip. My investigative mind will not stop until it finds a plausible answer tot his ridiculous matter. Is the Colbert Report banned in the UK? Why? They have plenty of edgy shows here. They have no problem airing the Daily Show, what’s the difference? Oh, I think I just found a UK website that will allowed me to watch it. What a crock of shit! I think that is the first time I use this expression! But I find appropriate. No! It was a dumb website that made me believe I was going to watch the Report, instead it started playing some Ryan Reynolds… don’t get me wrong, he’s pretty good eye candy but it’s NOT what I selected to watch!!! I feel like I’m in some extremist country where they must control what you are watching or reading in your own home. I think I should start some sort of rally right in the smack of Piccadilly Circus tomorrow… well it probably wouldn’t work… everyone would be pretending to be reading a paper while listening to music through their ear plugs (I meant to call them so).