Thursday, February 26, 2009

Obama Speech to Congress

Last Tuesday I stayed up until past 3am to watch live on BBC Obama's speech. I was exhausted but it was worth it every minute of it. The announcer started by listing names of all attendees. As soon as Obama was showing to be slightly late, the announcer had to pick on it. I found that irritating, but I tried to ignore the rude journalist. As the President entered I could feel the excitement that was generating in the room. As he arrived at his podium, he looked around searching for Michelle. He looked at her smiling and Michelle looked back at him and silently told him "I Love You" (I read her lips) and his smile got even bigger. I knew then, this was going to be a very special and exciting speech. I felt something, I felt some sort of anxious anticipation for hearing his statement. I was honestly glued to the screen the whole hour, I avidly tried to absorb every word he pronounced. It has been said before that he is charismatic, eloquent, and engaging. I agree with it. He really is an amazing speaker who enchants the viewers. He has such a positive aura. He showed no fear as he started his confident speech about convincing the nation to approve the largest stimulus package. But there is no fear and negativeness in his theories. He has no problem being honest about the situation being lived at the moment by the USA. He said "The impact of this recession is real". But then he added "We will rebuild, We will recover, We will emerge stronger than before". That is a leader I want to follow! While he speaks he brings tears in eyes from the emotion I'm experiencing. I really adore this man! "We must take responsibility for the future", yes I agree! I of course cheer in excitement as soon as he mentions "new sources of energy need to be utilized". After this introduction he states what his priorities will be. "Energy, Education and Health Care" are at the top of his list. I feel like I'm hypnotized by him. Is this too good to be true? Can he really be so incredible whether or not he will successfully reach his goals? I realize that he's believable and powerful about the way he voices his sentences because he repeats them. Yes, he tends to repeat with conviction the key statements twice or even three times, to really imprint them on the audience and make them real. He's so passionate. "Our economy slowly but surely will recover". Am I being naif? I don't think so. I really do see the vision he has for America. He is made of Bold Actions and Bright Ideas as he says that the nations was formed by such. I won't repeat all of his brilliant words, it wouldn't have the same affect anyway. I'm writing the ones that had a bigger impact on me, because I don't want to forget them. Towards the end everyone must have stood and clapped every 2 minutes, which made it look a bit comical. Especially when I noticed that Joe Biden was getting really tired of standing up and down all the time. That made me giggle. I also noticed a few people who are obviously not big fans of Obama making ugly faces while he spoke. Well, the whole world saw their dumb and ugly faces, so there!
After the speech I felt reassured. How powerful is that?