Sunday, February 22, 2009

Isla Fisher is adorable!


I can't believe I'm about to admit that I went to see "Confessions of a shopaholic"... but I did! I needed to get out of the house and just go see something silly with zero expectations. The movie is what you probably expect, the typical girlie comedy with plenty of "sudden" and tragic misfortunes happening. The cast is good, it has a predictable good ending. Which inevitability irritates me because it's so fake. However this time I was so distracted by the beautiful and very talented lead actress (Isla Fisher) that I forgot to be annoyed with the movie!! I actually highly enjoyed it and I really had quite a few good laughs. Isla is terrific! Her comedic timing is perfect, her facial expressions are priceless, the character credibility is optimum. What a discovery, I thought she was going to be another pretty face with no or little talent. I was wrong. She is what makes the movie worth watching. She is like a hot girl version of Jim Carrey!