Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My 2 followers...

...my first two followers. I feel like I must talk about them! First of all (we are still in Academy Awards' atmosphere), I would like to thank all my amazing friends that have been so far reading my silly blog and writing me wonderful words of encouragement. THANK YOU!
So I see that only 2 of my friends signed up to follow the blog. Which I find very amusing! Is it because they are nosier than the rest and want to know every time I update it? Is it because they unconditionally love me and will do anything to support my projects? Or maybe, just maybe... is it that the rest of my friends is afraid to sign up? Is it because they will feel exposed? Or want to secretly follow up without being noticed? Or they just don't care about it which is totally understandable.
Anyway, back to my brave first two followers.
One I will call Magnesia (you know who you are!), the second was sneaky enough to find already a name... Esoteros. So these is how I will refer to them from now on.

I met Magnesia 15 years ago! We became best friends instantly. It was really love at first sight, not that kind of love! We met at one my various jobs I've had. It was a crazy little store in a mall in Virginia, one of this store entirely dedicated to endangered species! They had all sort of crap! T-shirts with snow leopards printed on them, Mugs with pandas, Wolves sculptures, Hump-back Whales posters, Christian Lassen's paintings, strange and useless rain-forest toys. But it was a cool place. A percentage of the money was donated to various organizations. Everyone who worked there shared the same love for animals and nature. I just remember spending my days at work laughing with Magnesia! About anything. We would have such laughing fits that we would even be able to help the customers. That is how our friendship started. Since then, although we don't get to see each other as often as we would like, we have always kept in touch. When you move as often as I move as often as I have, you really are able to sift through who the real friends are. The ones that even if they can't go out with you every weekend, they will always be in your life. Magnesia is one of them. His friendship is genuine and eternal. He is one of the funniest people I have EVER met in my life. Together we have had so many real and made-up stories that we could have produced a 10 season sitcom! Something you need to know about him? Magnesia would never eat sushi, loves horror movies, Madonna and he loves to dance sporadic aerobics while cleaning the house.

Esoteros... what a wonderful name! I have met Esoteros 10 years ago while working together for an airline in Florida. This one had to test me to see if I would pass the "girlfriends" circle of trust. I did! One trait must be shared by all the friends I chose to follow me in my life, sense of humor. She also is hilarious! Esoteros is that type that will make the wildest and off the wall remark with a totally straight face, she won't crack, EVER! We once managed to catch with a rope a chair that had escaped from the office and was making its way on the elevator, Esoteros had to warn strangers and people walking the hallways to please be careful and stand back while we captured the fugitive! I have many more stories... but I don't want to reveal them all at once. I just know that Esoteros is another wonderful and caring gem that will be in my circle forever.

I bet now you are all thinking "when is Viola going to talk about me? what name am I going to end up with?". Eventually all my favorite ones will be on this blog. There is no Top 10 here, I list people based on the thoughts in mind at the time I log in. I only listed Magensia and Esoteros first because I saw their names on my blog and made me smile!