Friday, March 5, 2010

Hollow Beauties Chatting


On my bus ride in the morning I sometime choose to plug myself with my music device to happily isolate myself, while surrounded by the most diverse people. Other times I really enjoy ease dropping on my travel companions conversations.
I find out quite a bit of information in 30 minutes. If you think about it when watching a movie by that time you have most likely discovered the plot, or seen an entire short.
This morning I noticed two beautiful girls, they were models, they had no make up on, long straight hair, and their never ending legs! The first sort of resembled Carla Bruni, the second looked like a young Brooke Shields from Blue Lagoon. They communicated in English which was not their first language, they both had heavy accents and struggled a little to think of the right words. Were they Eastern European maybe?
At first I was not really listening to their conversation, I just softly heard a back and forth of "blah, blah, blah...". I was totally distracted by my own fervid imagination. I had in fact in my head started to plan their day. They would arrive at a studio for a photo shoot. They would casually get their hair and make up professionally done while looking bored. Them they would wear the most bizarre and amazing designer outfits while some super trendy photographer would direct them. Big fans would make their hair blow like the wind. Then a day while I was going through the pages of a magazine I would recognize them on a glossy ad looking so magically stunning, unreachable, perfect and unreal with their lost look into something far away.
All in a sudden I felt a bit of envy... and I'm NOT an envious person by nature. I admire, I don't envy. But right at that particular moment, I thought to myself how lucky they must have been. They are young, good looking, they travel the world, have busy schedules, and make decent money.
As my curiosity grew I decided to switch on my "secret service's ears", and catch every word they were saying. I will from now on refer to them as Carla and Brooke, although those are not their names, and if they were it would be purely coincidental (and I would have super powers I was not aware of).
Carla was bitching about some ex boyfriend of hers. The problem was that he had a Ferrari... and it had gotten so boring and old for her to ride around Milan in such a show off car. (Wow!!! Those models had morals and were deeper than I had expected). Brooke agrees with Carla's condition, so she starts to share her story about her present boyfriend. Brooke is very upset because her boyfriend wants to buy a brand new convertible Bentley!!!!
(I think "niiice"! If you are not aware of what this car looks like, click here:
http://autos.yahoo.com/bentley_continental_gtc_convertible/).
Why is she upset? She would like him to buy... a Jeep??? Actually, to give you a better idea, here her exact words (her
English is not so great): "That is just like my new boyfriend! I'm so angry at him. He decide to want to buy a cabriolet Bentley, the one the roof go down! But I want he to buy a Jeep, I like Jeep (oh no, bad taste!!!). I refuse to go in car around with no roof in this city, No, really, my hair get dirty and messy very much. He only to want to drive car with no roof to show me beautiful around the city. Everybody knows I'm beautiful, I want to be in a Jeep and give me the rest of the money...." (I think she means the difference in price in between the Bentley and the Jeep). OMG, is this for real? She goes on and on, and I'm disgusted! Give you the money? Are you a model or a prostitute? This is the kind of people I fear! Ignorance is terrifying to me especially when mixed with a good dose of stupidity. Instantly I know they are the typical girls who don't read or watch the news, who know nothing about history, art or philosophy. How ironic that "something" so pretty on the outside, it's so empty and boring inside (no pun intended!).
All of a sudden my train of thoughts has switched. I think this is the kind of woman I would hate to be, the kind I would never be. Now it totally makes sense that they are so good at posing in front of the lens with that "I'm thinking of nothing" look in their eyes. I could never be friends with them. Just for your information, I do know and I am friends with some models who are very smart and worldly. This is just the story of "Clare & Brooke". Then I began placing myself in the shoes of a man. As a man I would not be interested in woman I can only show off for her looks, yet could not have an intelligent conversation with. I guess that if I was of the "male kind", I would only enjoy her company for one quick night!
So, who is this man dating Brooke? A man who can afford a Bentley convertible, a $197,500 worth automobile!!! Is he rich but ancient like a centenary oak? Is he loaded, but short, bold, ugly, fat and with halitosis? Or could be wealthy and decent looking, and successful? Maybe a trust fund baby? A super insecure yuppie? First he must find a hot model, then he must get an outrageously expensive car, so he can ride around and show off his "belongings". That's a type of man I would never date even if I was the dumb hot model. My final theory? The girl brain's size of a pea, and the guy penis is a perfect replica of a baby carrot.
Now I feel sorry for them. I now know that if I was a guy I would date a woman that is not just pretty, but would have to be as ambitious and smart as me. And we would probably both have fun sporty cars, and we would not care about having others staring at us. Same goes as for the real me, my girl version.
Having a brain is beautiful and priceless.