Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mr Colombia thinks is way cool!

Thursday night was one of those nights that are so random and fun, you feel like it's part of a comedy screenplay. It all started with my new party entourage, myself the Italian, the English and the German... I know it sounds like the beginning of a joke, but this is actually true. We were hopping from bar to bar having aperitivo after work. There really was not a specific plan, other than being outside socializing and drinking. At some point we were approached by this older man who had been at the last bar for a while as well. He looked like Robert De Niro. He was dressed up to the top... a bit much really, it was borderline on being baroque in my opinion. I will call him Mr Colombia. He must have been in his late 50s. He was wearing a very nice dark gray coordinated matching suit, complete of tie and vest. However he had way too many jewels! Very sparkling bling-blings everywhere! Bracelets, rings, and even a two string diamond decoration around the knot of his tie... And let's not mention the liters of perfume that he was immersed in. He told us he was Italian, but he had been living in Bogota' - Colombia for many years now. He claimed to work in fashion.
Since I do love meeting crazy people, I of course had to invite him to our table to know more about him. Mr Colombia never shut up! He just wanted to be at the center of attention and flirted with men and women. Towards the end of the night he invited us to go with him to a club, we accept. He then told us it would cost Eur 15... we think it's an ok price to go dancing. But doesn't Mr Colombia need to go to sleep? I think it's getting a bit late for him... but he seems much more alert than any of us... not sure it's a natural high... So we get a the club, we are the only ones there and quite honestly I did not feel like paying for geting into a place that is EMPTY! So we told him that we would rather go somewhere else... and crazy Mr Colombia got mad and annoyed with us. He scribbled his email and phone number on a piece of paper for me, so I could go visit him in Bogota'... seriously? Why do I always attract the crazies???