Sunday, March 14, 2010

Parco Sempione and Castello Sforzesco

My new weekend routine includes a run through a a really busy park bustling with young families with their children, singles running with ipods to keep in shape, and tons of couples. Italians love to make out in public under the sun whether they are 16 or 60! Maybe it's because spring is coming, and they all act like horny rabbits! They are everywhere and not ashamed to be lost in each others' eyes and hugs and kisses. Is that real love? When people look so happy and worry free? When they can't stop exchanging saliva at every corner? I'm not sure, I have ever been under this spell. My types of love have always been so demolishing, languishing, complicated and dramatically impossible... very Shakespearean... this happy joy-joy type of love is just foreign to me and scares me!
I finally leave the park just behind me to stroll through the castle. Here again I see nothing but LOVE! Japanese couples come here to get married every weekend. How much does that cost? Is this the city of Love? I thought that was Rome!!! I'm not bothered by it, I think they all look so beautiful... maybe I'm just a bit jealous!

I must admit that more days and weeks go by, the happier I am about my return home. It feels so nice and right to be here again. I had almost forgotten how beautiful we Italians are. How we enjoy every moment of life. When we are not at work, we are NOT working. It's either aperitivo or espresso time. You don't rush to go get a coffee, you order it, sit at the table outside with you family or friends and enjoy the sun, while catching up and telling them everything that happened to you lately. We do LOVE to talk! I'm not saying it's the perfect country, I feel that the government and political situation is awful... but can any of you tell me of a perfect place? What I know is that this suits me perfectly right here right now!