Sunday, March 28, 2010

I'm retiring from Disco Nights!


I'm over it... my disco night's life has expired! I have been going out as a night owl for so long, and it has always been very fun. So how does it happen that all in a sudden one night I realize that I'm totally over it, DONE! I'm not saying I'm not going out anymore, I do still highly enjoy going to bars, cafes, restaurants, lounges... but last night while been in a club, as we still call them in Italy "discoteca", I just found myself bored, annoyed, and frustrated. I used to love to be smashed around by hundreds of sweaty bodies while drinking, smoking, and jumping around like a maniac. Instead last night I felt like I was a hot-dog in an air tight pack! I couldn't even move, I couldn't breathe, the smoke was awful, and the drinks too strong! When did I ever complain about having a drink too strong? Suddenly I was also possessed by this fear that I was the oldest one in there, that I must look ridiculous... the average age was 24! I thought "What am I doing here? Who am I kidding? This is awful and I don't belong here anymore....". I then took a trip to the bathroom, and there were tons of girls who looked so stressed out while fixing their make-up and hair in front of the mirror. They were probably about 19 years old... but the sunken in look on their faces... who clearly have been abusing a bit too much the partying... made them look like grouchy ladies in their 60s. That vision made me feel a bit better, as I thought "Hell, I look way better than them, and I'm almost 20 years older". I walked out of the bathroom with a big smile on my face.

Today was the final decision of officially retiring from disco nights. Today I have done NOTHING! I have been completely useless! Something that bothers me to no end. It was a gorgeous warm and sunny day... and I laid around at home like a moron! That's it, I have had a wonderful time in the past years clubbing, and I surely don't want to spoil it by hating it. Therefore I have a theory that if something is not fun anymore, it must be stopped. I much rather use the money to go see a good play.

Wow, this decision suddenly makes me feel so grown up... I'm a big girl now! Please know that this does not mean I will start Bingo Nights now!!!