Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Why 2 and 1/2 Men?

My latest TV addiction is quite ridiculous! I love coming home, and having dinner while watching "2 and 1/2 Men"!!! I really enjoy it, and laugh like a little kid! I have always loved sitcoms, since I was very young. I grew up watching Happy Days for heaven's sake! I was and still am a fan of Seinfeld, Friends and Will n' Grace.

However my latest dumb TV indulgence consists of watching a show about 3 men, that in 3 different ways are losers. Is it maybe some sort of self-revenge satisfaction I thrive from? We have Charlie, the somehow more established one... because he has his own house and dates a new hot girl every day; yet he dresses like a boy, he's an alcoholic, and his intelligence is only good enough to get him laid. His brother Allen is a dork, a total social inadequate freak; he's the nice guy with way too much baggage and not so good looking. Then to just top it up, we even have the nephew! A kid that has already a failure of a future paved up in front of him; he only cares about eating, he gets horrible grades in school.... and he's pretty much useless!

A show about losers, who in my opinion describe quite well a good proportion of men. No offense, I'm sure soon I will have to critique women too! After all the majority of my friends are men, and I think like one of them 80% of the time... with the exception of when I see in a window some purple pumps I must own!

What I'm trying to say is, that is only funny because it's true! There really are so many guys like them in real life.... I've met some them! What I find even more amusing is the Charlie is not even acting, he's really just showcasing his natural "charming" personality in his own show! What an ego!

And if you have never had the silly pleasure to watch this show, here is a quote from Charlie that I found hilarious and so true:
"ALCOHOL IS FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN EFFORT TO LOSE A FEW BRAIN CELLS... I REST MY CASE!"
See? There is so much truth in those words, I perfectly agree.