Sunday, April 26, 2009

How I met the "I Love You, Man"!!!


Let's start by saying that two weeks ago I saw "I Love You, Man"... and LOVED it! As I mentioned, I think on Twitter? All my social networks are starting to haze together! Recently I absolutely love watching silly comedies at the theater. They distract me and leave me with a floating feeling of happiness.

While watching this movie, I decided two things:
1) Jason Segel should be my boyfriend, he's cute, talented, and funny... and tall
2) I shall not get married (again!), I can't imagine having to "consult" my spouse whenever I feel like doing anything with my time or money! I think I got too accustomed to be on my own, and I'm not sure I could ever go back!

Back to the movie and Jason, I thought "How cool would it be to meet somebody like him? Better yet... If I still lived in LA... how cool would it be if I met him and something sparked between us?". Ever heard "be careful what you wish for?"...

I'm not trying to change the subject, however I had a lovely day today. I went to the park, did a little shopping for my Dubai trip in Kensigton, even had time to stop at Wholefoods for some fresh goodness. Then my friend The City called (I will talk about her another time), and invited me to join her for some afternoon tea. Another girl joined us as well.

The three of us were happily strolling around Maryblebone looking for a cafe. It's Sunday, I'm dressed down in my bummish clothes. The City suddenly stops, I'm slightly ahead of her. She starts repeating in a high pitch voice "I Love You, Man!!"... the she calls my name and she is looking at me as the Virgin Mary has just appeared in front of her!!! Being a big fan of animals, I idiotically stare at a pigeon! Thinking there must be something special about it... she calls me again and looks in front of her and I hear her say "I Love You, Man!". At this point I'm totally confused, does she know somebody there? Am I supposed to know them too? Is there a cute dog or cat around? Why in the hell am I looking for animals anyway? What is wrong with me??? I finally see him... he's quietly and shyly sitting in front of us with a scared smile on his face. He's Jason Segel from the movie I saw two weeks ago! He must think that The City is insane and that I'm dumb!

Once I politely say hi to him, and mumble some incomprehensible gibberish, I for once am star struck! I have met a lot of celebrities in LA, and I never felt that way. But this guy is so real, he's shy, nice, and has the sexiest smile! We end up going to a cafe right around corner. I'm excited and upset that I look like crap. Darn it, I could have brought him with me to Dubai! The City, in a sincere moment hoping to play cupid for me, she decides to go back and to talk to him to invite him to our table (which is not at the same cafe where is sitting)!! We wait and he doesn't show up. Then when we least expect it, he walks up to our street, he stops in front of our table, and he thanks us for chatting with him and for the invite. He tells about his plans in London and thanking us all he says bye and walks back to his hotel.

How nice is he? Not many people who are established in the industry would take the time to talk to the crazy LA girls who are stalking him! I now like him even more. Who knows, maybe I will run into him again... maybe I will learn the lesson to always, no matter what, always look your best when stepping out of the house.