Saturday, April 18, 2009

Alcoholic Architecture.... anyone?


About a week this cute little shop opened right outside my office. It looks so cheerful with the bright blue entrance. The interior looks quite sterile, all white and plain. I haven't been inside yet, however here is the concept of Alcoholic Architecture. This is a "bar" where they serve alcohol in form of steam in the air you breath indoors. It costs 7 pounds which grants you the entrance and one hour stay. Supposedly you get very inebriated by breathing the Gin and Tonic they have airing around the room. Are we now becoming too lazy to even a drink? We have to breath it? What is next? Breathable ice-cream?

The idea does sound like a lot fun though. I wonder if you can still get really sick from it... would you vomit air? I guess you would sickly burp your way home. I still need to experiment it in order to give it a more appropriate review. One thing that does not look so hot about it, is the fact they make you wear ugly plastic covers... they are quite unattractive... not good if you want to pick some hotties. Additionally form my understanding there is a Girl side and a Boy side... not sure why!

I wonder if this is going to be very popular! I assume that it would be much easier for anyone who is addicted to their mobile devices (urging to text, Twitter, Super-poke, etc). The fact that you wouldn't have to hold a glass and just breath is quite clever. I wonder if it could be incorporated in clubs. Instead of having a smoking room they could offer the Gin breathing room.

Here is a link if you want to read more about it:
http://i.gizmodo.com/5214630/london-bar-pumps-gin-and-tonic-into-the-air-please-breathe-responsibly

Later... and please Breath Responsibly!