Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011 the year of resolutions!

First of all Happy New Year! I must say my past year has been a blessing. I have collected so many wise ways of being from all the people who I love and admire that I recognize the union of all this has helped me be who I am and where I am now. 2010 has been so good to me that I was quite sad it was already gone. That made me contemplate on all my past years, how I spent them, what I liked about them or what I disliked. As I have a philosophy of living with no regrets, I just make treasure of good and bad for the future. This time I might have set my goals a bit high, but I rather do so and aim for the fiction. I recently read a blog of some lady who claimed she never set resolutions nor goals for herself because she would consider that "setting herself for failure"... I think that is a very negative way of being and a masochist way of self-sabotaging herself. I totally disagree. For me it works great to set really high goals, then if needed I redesign them appropriately.
Last year I had three main goals, and I accomplished 2 out of 3. That makes me happy. This year, I decided to use some old ingredients from a couple of successes past and add a couple of long dragged dreams in it. The secret is to enjoy everything you do along the way, if you're not having fun in your life... well my dear you are doing something wrong and you should really give it some thought!

All the best wishes to all of you!!!