Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tron Legacy


Tron Legacy it was in my humble opinion awesome! I do recognize this is not the kind of movie that everyone will love, some will hate it and some will love it, just simple as that. I was very curious after hearing so many extremely opposite reviews from my friends. Let's starts saying that I love the genre sci-fi and action. It also had all the winning elements, a suspenseful story that would keep you on the edge of your seat, a fantastic cast, spectacular special effects and the perfectly matched music by Daft Punk.

As I LOVE to over-analyze everything and anything that intrigues me I came up with a whole personal idea about the movie... which is probably not true but it is my theory and therefore I will stick to it! The character played by Jeff Bridges (which by the way I absolutely love him and I think he keeps on getting better and sexier), I think his character is traveling in within his subconscious. All the characters in the story could easily be his alter egos. Of course there is the obvious figure of Clu, his alter ego that he has opted to create to help him... who turns out to be his enemy... aren't we all our worst enemies? We are the ones who put obstacles to ourselves! Often in search of perfection we forget to see that what we were looking for is right in front of us... just as mentioned in the movie. His son represents his innocence and pure self still hopeful to succeed, still a fighting idealist... it's our inner child that is always wondering and easily believes in the impossible. Quorra is what he would like to be, his perfect side that is not even human, the paradox that perfection would not be naturally generated by him, he would find it and make it his project that everyone else wants to destroy. As entertaining as Zeus and Jenn were, I didn't really think they helped the plot go along.
Once again maybe I just read "a bit too much" into it, but I really found it to be quite a metaphysical and psychological story.

Last thoughts? It was HOT, HOT, HOT! But don't take my word for it, you might hate it!