Sunday, October 17, 2010

Appearances are VERY misleading!


Yesterday morning I was cheerfully walking back home from my grocery shopping extravaganza. I was on a main street buzzing with people and vehicles right by my house. I was slowly walking enjoying and absorbing everything I saw and encountered. Suddenly a brand spanking new Audi pulls over the sidewalk. The passenger door opens up and a very well dressed and elegant woman steps out. She is slim, with perfectly coiffed bleached blond hair and make up, she is wearing designer trendy clothing and high heels. She opens up the back passenger door and a lovely little girl covered in designer clothes matching her mommy jumps out. I instinctively glance over at the driver seat to reveal the image of the husband/father in his perfectly pressed shirt and confident posture... I think to myself with a pinch of envy (which is very unusual of me), I think "Wow, look at them! they are the perfect family, with the perfect jobs, the perfect car, the perfect daughter... is it real?". They seemed like they had come out from a glossy magazine ad. I interrupt my fantasizing about them, and tune into the reality of what they are doing... 'cause I'm nosy! The "lady" has stepped right in the middle of the sidewalk and she is holding her daughter in a very awkward way... while telling her "come on love, you will do it just like puppy dogs do! come on, like a woof woof!". To my awful surprise she is pulling her little girls pants down to her ankles and ordering her to pee in the middle of the sidewalk!!! Not to mention it's freaking COLD! And there are people walking by, cars... and how about a cafe' and three restaurants right there! Couldn't she have taken her to use the cafe's restroom? I have never seen even the gypsies do that! You better believe I gave her a dirty look! It's not about being prude, it's about manners and not treating your 4 year old little girl as a dog! Needless to say my myth of the perfect family instantly crashed... at least in the human genre... I have more faith in the baboons' perfect family!