Saturday, October 2, 2010

Dreams in two or three levels are my reality!


Any of my close friends know how fascinated and passionate I am about "dreams". From talking to various people in my life I've come to the realization that I belong to a very exclusive club: "I remember my dreams when I wake up" Club. Every night I look forward to my dream-reality where anything can happen... although I mastered this art so well that I now can change the course of events by "waking up" into another dream! I swear I'm not joking, I'm not drunk nor high!
Needless to say I could not wait to go see "Inception". I was blown away, I think it's pure genius. It's such an intricate and beautifully told story that I doubt the general public really gets it. In fact I would love to run one of my anthropological research tests... to draw the statics of how many people fully got it.
Not knowing how many of you have already seen it, I don't want to spoil it. All want to say is that some details in script freaked me out, because it was so personal and familiar to my own experiences... if someone wrote about it must have gone through the same madness... through the subconscious gateway... a gateway to dreaming in levels like I do.
Aside from the story, I also really enjoyed the acting, the cast is exceptional! What a surprise to see the kid from "3rd rock form the sun" (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) in such a cool role! And of course the magic of Christopher Nolan as a writer and director! What a creative brilliant mind he has... although has anyone noticed that he sort of looks like Leonardo Di Caprio... or is it me? Please take a look: