Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Clintons... an irresistible source of gossip.


Why does the media love to pick on certain political figures over and over? Don't they get tired?

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton during her visit to the Republic of Congo, was asked "We've all heard about the Chinese contracts in this country. The interference is from the World Bank against this contract. What does Mr Clinton think through the mouth of Mrs Clinton and what does Mr Mutombo think on this situation? Thank you very much." Mrs Clinton rightfully replied "You want me to tell you what my husband thinks? My husband is not the Secretary of State, I am. You ask my opinion. I will tell you my opinion; I'm not going to channel my husband."

I'm sorry, maybe is because I'm a feminist at heart, but the student should have asked what SHE thought about it? It was later said it was a pure mistake and that the student meant to ask what Mr Obama thought about it. Now this story is all over the news here in the UK! Maybe she did slightly over react, but she had every right to do so. She is the Secretary of State! I think she is doing a great job, and I'm a big fan of hers.

This doesn't mean I don't feel as animated about her husband Bill. They tried to say he is overshadowing her visit to Africa with his trip to Pyongyang; where he was able to secure the release of two American journalists. My point is, why can't the media just accept that the Clintons are doing a great job individually. Why do they to keep on bringing up the past events and scandals? They just love to trash public figures even when they don't deserve it.

My last thoughts? I think Hillary is performing wonderfully, and I'm proud of Bill's involvement in the world by fighting for human rights. As much as I love the news, I love having my own brain and deciding for my own on what I think is right or wrong!