Sunday, August 9, 2009

Can a friendship expire?


What if I started to categorize all my friends and acquaintances as goods? I think I would first separate them into two main categories. Perishable and Imperishable. I have encountered some people in my life I never get tired of listening to their stories, spend time with, and simply be involved in their existence. However I have also met individuals that after the first enthusiastic friendship phase, the feeling sort of spoils and rots, and I don't feel the urge of being around them any longer. They simply expire! I feel like some friends are like precious gems, their sparkle never diminishes, and I treasure their friendship with care. While others are like fruit, or sushi, or anything that goes bad after a while. They are delicious at first, then they lose their original flare, to end like something you would rather avoid.

The same happens with love. Some loves are eternal, and some just don't last, but they rather repulse you after their expiration date.

Is it because almost everything has a circle? Some are infinite and others aren't. Why do I feel guilty? Why do I have to like everyone who likes me? It once again goes back to morals installed in our heads from childhood. Would you tell the "expired friend": -I'm sorry, but you have expired! Just the vision of you makes me nauseous...

I believe that the core of it all stands behind a simple explanation. Some us evolve, our tastes my change, our ideas become more sophisticated, we upgrade our philosophy in life. While others they just remain the same, they never change, this creates a discrepancy and clash of personalities. They are like obsolete computers. This is what creates the crash!