Monday, February 25, 2013

Pizza, Pasta & Pinocchio!

Wow, I had not realized that it has been two years since my last posting! I guess I've been busy or not so annoyed... yes, because I've come to the realization that I really need to tell the world how I feel mostly when I'm bothered, upset or disappointed. This weekend Italy had the elections to vote for the Senate and the Parliament, a chance to get things moving and a window of hope for improvement from a quite critical situation that has been carrying along for too long! Italy has been dragged to an awful financial crisis, sky rocketing unemployment, lack of benefits and protection towards workers who are underpaid and overworked, continuously raising taxes of all sorts (medical, school tuition, housing, having a pet... having to breath!)... the situation is not so far away from the crisis that has been submerging Greece and Spain, in fact we are third on the list by the EU judgement. Most of this picturesque and muddy reality has been the result of the poor and fraudulent political behaviour that has been ruling this nation for the past 20 years. Everybody complains about that ugly troll that goes by the name of Berlusconi, yet as of today's voting results it seems quite clear that a good 30% of this country is still supporting him! I'm angry, disappointed, disgusted and shocked! How can people be so stupid? Please don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these people who judges others if they have different opinions from my very own. I'm very democratic in believing that each individual has the freedom and right to have his own preference... but this is not what I call a "preference"! This is showing to have no brain to think for their own, this is showing that we love to be bossed around by an ignorant pimp with lots of money, this is showing that we are truly the land of good Pasta, Pizza, and PINOCCHIO! That must be why it's the one fairytale that has made it global from our country! We love listening to thieves and liars, and we love believing in any illusion they throw in our gullible faces. We cheer with joy while drinking our wine and eating our lasagna! Stereotypical? Well... not so far from the truth after all... I know I'm not one of these brainless creatures, and I know that the people I call friends aren't either, however there is a large amount of masochists who still will do anything to support that donkey face (with all respect to actual donkeys which I think are really pretty). Tonight, a night that I thought might have marked a change, a night that I dreamed that was going to be somewhat similar to November 6th when Obama got re-elected... well tonight for the first time I really regret having moved back to a place where I really don't belong to any longer! I think I'll move anywhere, I might even move just to Switzerland to work in a coffee-shop to make cappuccinos! Staying here right now would mean accepting this absurd nonsense... and I just can't!