Monday, December 14, 2009

Dear Santa...


… am I too old to write you? I think this year I long for that feeling of magic and surprise. I urge for a miracle maybe. This is why I decided to write this letter. My whole life I have always calculated and planned everything… and lately I feel like my existence has taken a wild turn and I’m unable to tame it. No, not the kind of wild that finds you back in the morning with make-up smeared all over you face and a killer headache! I’m talking about that feeling of impotence towards life in general, when days go by and you feel like you have accomplished nothing. I feel useless.
Dear Santa, I don’t want to bore you any further with my long preface to my wish list:
1) Can you please reward me with a great job that will guide me through a sparkling career?
2) Can you change that part of my brain that always makes me think and care about others first rather than myself?
3) Can you send me a brilliant man that shares my passions and sense of adventure, has a good sense of humor, is handsome, is successful yet humble, and is also honest and loyal? And sober!
4) Can you also make my skin look like it used to be when I was 16? (Yes, I used to be one of those lucky teenagers with flawless skin!)
I think this should do it for at least this coming year. Did I ask for too much? In order of priority I would be happy if you at least granted wish number 1.

I hope it will make it to the North Pole before Christmas Eve... or maybe I could just deliver it myself to you if you allow me to stay over for a couple of nights... I have yet to visit your land.

Thank you & Merry Christmas!

PS: I've got you some Panettone.