Monday, December 28, 2009

Books I read this year.

The God Delusion (Richard Dawkins)
Whether you agree with Dawkins or not, you will find yourself highly amused by his writing. I don’t consider myself an atheist, but I must admit that I shared a lot of the opinions that Dawkins talks about in his book. It’s very informative and humorous, I read it in a few days. Don’t let the title scare you and give it a chance, it’s a very smart read.

On the Origins of Species (Charles Darwin)
What a genius. I would have completely fell in love with this man if I had the chance to meet him. His book is detailed and rich in his discoveries, although at times a bit repetitive but still intriguing. I only recommend it to true lovers of natural history as myself, this is not for everyone.

An Unfinished Life (Robert Dallek)
This is such a beautifully told story. I must say I learned a lot about such a famous President that I thought I already knew everything about. Robert Dalleck keeps you intrigued and in a suspenseful state throughout the whole book.

Dreams form My Father (Barack Obama)
If you haven't read it yet, I highly suggest to get yourself a copy! He writes his own biography in a way that brings you on a dream like experience, you live his life through his words. He gained even higher respect from me after getting to know him this much closer.

Sola come un gambo di sedano (Luciana Littizzetto)
I read this on my way back from Merano. She is hilarious and has no fear to share the crazy thoughts that probably go through all of our minds. She humors dating, customer service, politics, food and diets, celebrities, and more.

The Art of Seduction (Robert Greene)
This is a really fun and easy read. I recognized myself under various profiles. It is really entertaining, especially as it relates for each Seducer type either a historic or legendary figure. I’m now more convinced than ever to be Cleopatra’s reincarnation!